9.24.2008

Scary times just got....yep....scarier!

Damn it! Technology and I just aren't getting along right now. I just wrote a post that I was very pleased with and somehow, it got erased. I'm not exactly sure what happened, it was probably my fault but I don't want to waste too much time wondering WTF because then I'll drive myself mad.

Instead...I'll attempt to rewrite what I had said about the recent news regarding our fragile economy.

I should have assumed that the bad news would just get worse. Had I done that I wouldn't have been so surprised when I heard about the $700 BILLION the administration is asking for.

I couldn't help but think of Dr. Evil.....



Our President and the Federal Reserve chairman are asking for a blank check. This makes me angry and it should make you upset too because I don't think this money is just coming from no where. It's not like we have a big surplus we can borrow from....our country is buried in debt and that $700 billion is most likely going to come from us. Taxes, baby!

That's right. Taxes will pay for that money...and I'm not sure how Uncle Sam intends to do it...whether it's an increase in taxes, a large reduction of tax cuts or a liquidation of government services. Either way, it won't be fun.

The thing that sucks the most is that while I hate the idea of giving the people who screwed everything up more money to try and fix it...I don't know what else to do! I can only hope for two things.

1. The measure gets beefed up with safeguards to ensure a smooth operation. I don't want my money to just bail out the government's friends on Wall Street. Main Street needs help too.

2. The next administration takes that $700 billion and makes some smart moves with it. I've tried my best not to reveal my political beliefs and whom I've chosen to vote for so I'll just say that whomever wins better use that money wisely.

Otherwise I'll be packing my bags and headed to a small island some where in the Pacific.

No comments: